With already so much going on in your commercial kitchen, there is hardly any time on hand in order to do anything else. This means that you will have to get things done with thrice the speed, as cleanliness is the top most priority in a kitchen. You will also need to find everything without going on a scavenger hunt. Here are some tricks and hacks which will help make sure not even a second gets wasted.
A fork is not just eating utensil, or to hold the meant in one place so that you may cut through it. As a matter of fact, a fork can be used for many reasons. Here are some tricks you can do with your fork:
• Use a fork as a Decoration tool.
• Use the teeth of the fork when you do not have a knife nearby.
• Use a fork to make ridges on gnocchi, russet potatoes, and many more.
• Separate rice grains for more puffiness using a fork.
• Use a fork as a shredder for meat and pork.
Cooking & Baking
Here are some cool tricks and hacks for cooking and baking:
• Poached Egg- To make a perfect poached egg, use a metal strainer.
• Over Boiling- Overboiling water is inevitable in a busy commercial kitchen. The best way to prevent this is to know when the water is too hot. You can do this by simply placing a wooden spoon across the pot. Since wood cannot conduct heat, the hot water will keep its distance from the handle.
• Grease it Up- Baking requires a lot of dedication, and time. Imagine all that hard work crumbling apart into crumbs as you try your best to make the perfect cuts. Grease your tray to prevent the bottom part of the pastry from sticking to the bottom of the pan. This will prevent it from crumbling up.
• Replace Muffin Liners- You are out of muffin liners, but you do not have time to send someone to grab some. Your customers are waiting for fresh delicious muffins; you do not know what to do. Now you do actually, instead of panicking about how to get the muffins out, you can simply use parchment paper as a substitute for muffin liners.
Cleaning while you are cooking is important; here are some cool tricks to help you:
• Fruits- Clean fruits with baking soda to make them look as good as new.
• Coffee Grinder- Need a fix for your dirty coffee grinder? Throw in some stale bread chunks and let it rip. The coffee will actually stick to the stale bread, making it easier to clean your grinder.
• Coca Cola Trick- Use a can of coke to say bye to your blackened pots and your pans. Wash your tools normally, once done, leave some coke behind for a while. Wash it again, and the stains should easily come out now.
• Drain Clogs- Got drainage issues? Use salt! Pour about ½ a cup of salt with a quart of water, hot water, down the pipe to open it up.